Like most websites which aren’t mobile friendly, the statistics showed mobile users were much less likely to use the site:
- – Over 60% of our mobile users left the site after viewing only one page
- – Mobile users spent two-thirds less time on the website than desktop users.
- – The Majority of mobile visits were first time visits, ie. less mobile visitors came back.
Not happy that the site was only reaching 70% of its potential we went to work making the website mobile friendly by adding a responsive layer to its design. Responsive design allows a website to be viewed on as many devices as possible including desktops, tablets and smart phones.
Although it’s early days, Analytics for the last week show a marked improvement in our mobile visitor engagement:
- – 30% of our mobile users left the site after viewing only one page (50% improvement)
- – Mobile users 80% longer on the website than before.
- – 11% more Mobile users revisited the website.